Couples whose marriages are in trouble face many difficult decisions, all of which have the potential for serious consequences.
Some of these may be:
· Is this marriage worth saving?
· Will the children be harmed?
· What will be the ramifications of our divorce?
· How deeply will it alter our life?
You may also feel:
· Ambivalent about ending the relationship
· You are the most hurt, misunderstood, damaged, or least powerful person in the relationship
· Your partner is using the myriad of divorce counter plays as a way to stay married
· Intimidated by your partner in addressing and resolving complex and difficult issues
· We would have a great divorce if it weren't for the other party
· The divorce is your last chance to destroy the other party